The Forum for US Securities London in London is collaborating with Practical Law to create video content on legal updates, best practice, and hot topics.
Please click on the image below to be redirected to the Practical Law website. You must be a subscriber of Practical Law to view this video.
This video discusses Rule 10b-5 disclosure letters and why they are delivered in capital markets transactions, especially ones which include a US offering.
This video addresses the following questions:
– What is a 10b-5 disclosure letter?
– Where does the name come from?
– What do the letters do?
– Who are the beneficiaries?
– When are the letters considered necessary for a deal?
– How does the due diligence defence work?